Progress report #1
Last week I had set a deadline for myself to have a draft of the story for my wp7 game ready, which I more or less have, but I didn’t make a post.
I have a pretty solid feel for what I want the main characters personality to be like, but I still have a lot of other stuff to figure out. I also have the basic elements of the story down but I need to find a way to put everything together.
I decided to make a roadmap for the game as well. Just a set of sub goals which I will try to aim for but the dates will probably change.
- 18 june-1 july continue with story and start to rough out some drawings of characters and environments
- 2-8 july finish story and character design (more or less)
- 9-22 july start to work on level design, puzzles, define most important gameplay elements and put together some requirements for the game engine
- 23-29 july finalize level design and requirements, create a storyboard outlining the entire game
- 30 july-5 aug start working on the engine and put together a small tech demo
- 6 aug-okt workworkworkwork
- okt-nov playtesting
- nov-dec tweaking
I’m aiming for release sometime around new year