Free Mahjong Tile Icons

Finally managed to finish the mahjong icons in 128 and 64px versions. I think I will create a smaller version as well… 24×24 or 32×32 ๐Ÿ™‚ There’s 37 icons in each pack.

If you plan to use these icons, please provide a link back to my blog, thank you!

I’d love to hear some feedback as this is the first time I release an iconpack like this ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tags: , , ,

31 Responses to “Free Mahjong Tile Icons”

1. Trotskey says:

Awesome! Exactly what I wanted and even shiny-er. I was about to crop some picture for the tiles, but this works so much better. Will be sure to link.

2. Hi, I spotted your icons on IconFinder.com — really good job.

I was wondering if you would consider completing the set with 4 x season tiles and 4 x flower tiles?

Thanks
    Gareth

3. admin says:

Hi, I’m glad you like them! Sure, I can make the rest of the tiles but only the season tiles were in the set that I bought. What does the flower tiles look like? Any design that you prefer?

4. Karen says:

Hello,
    I too am looking for flower tiles, but I would like to see the season tiles you have, that might work too.

I am looking to get a tattoo from one of these tiles and am looking for the best one I can find.

5. admin says:

Check out my update on the season tiles: http://www.martinpersson.org/2011/02/mahjong-season-tiles/

6. Greg says:

Love the tileset. Any chance you could do one face-down as well?

7. OllyCat says:

Very nice job!

I love to play Japanese mahjong (riichi). Today I saw your message on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/majyanparts) where you wrote that the plan to build automatic mahjong table. Do you get anything done? I also want to build it, but in internet is almost no information. ๐Ÿ™

8. admin says:

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Unfortunately, I have not gotten a response on my comment and I have not made any more effort to figure out how the tables work. I have bought a set that is magnetic and used for automatic tables, but I have no idea where to start. Right now it feels as if it would take up too much of my time, as I’m already pretty busy with school and work.

I’d be very interested if you made any progress so please let me know!

9. admin says:

Hi, Thanks!

Sorry for taking so long but I finally made an attempt at a face-down tile: http://www.martinpersson.org/wordpress/2011/05/face-down-mahjong-tiles/ , any feedback would be appreciated!

10. tarabarsky says:

Hi there!

I liked these icons very much. Could you consider to make similar icons but with the Chinese style of faces exclusively for our website? For some reward, of course! If you are interested please contact me via email.

Mark

11. Mary Johnson says:

Hi, I am planning on making a quilt with Asian fabrics. Your mah jong tiles would be a great addition for side panels. Since I plan on taking the fabric to a commercial printer, is it alright to use your pictures, as you mentioned earlier? Great pictures and I’m having fun putting them together for my project. Mary J

12. Mary Johnson says:

Hi again, I have finished my quilt. I ended up printing the mah jongg tile pictures myself. The commercial printer couldn’t seem to handle it. I like how they turned out and would like to send you some pictures. Let me know where to send them. Thanks again for the great pictures and giving me permission to use them. Mary J

13. Pawel says:

Best tile set I’ve found, thanks! (My only complaint is that the green dragon is not green…)
    I’m going to use them in a presentation about the game, crediting you of course.

14. Alex says:

Found your website thru google searching for tile icons to use in a Mahjong rules book I’m writing for South African Chinese Mahjong variation. Awesome looking tiles thanks!

15. Penny says:

Thanks for really great pictures. Just started playing and needed a cheat sheet for the winds of the round.

16. Viktor says:

Master Shifu. No doubt.

Can I use them in my game of Mahjong? What do you need? I am from Russia. Thank you.

P.S. sorry for my english.

17. Armando says:

thank you!

18. Jerome says:

Thanks ! Will use it in my video game (if it ever hatches ๐Ÿ˜‰

19. Peter says:

Would you ever consider to publish these icones with numbers and characters added to them?

20. Paolo says:

Thx! I’ll use it for my homework!

21. admin says:

I think I have a version with numbers and characters on them somewhere. In what size would you need them?

22. Arnaud says:

Hi, Thanks for this great pictures.
    Any chance to have them twice or three times as big?

23. admin says:

These are not all vector but I can provide you the source Photoshop files if you need them.

24. Arnaud says:

Hi, can you send me the source Photoshop files? Thx.

25. Jan Gustavsson says:

Hi
    Martin Persson sounds Swedish ๐Ÿ™‚
    But as I do not know if you live in Sweden and speak Swedish I write in English.

I read that you probably had the tiles with numbers somewhere. I would greatly appreciate if you would like to send me those in Photoshop version.

I will try to write a small iPad-app that makes it possible to play Mahjong in hot seat do that 2 players can swap the iPad between them while playing.

If I get it nice enough so that it can be placed in iTunes store I will be sure to provide a link back to your blog.

26. Melise says:

Hi, I intend to make some DIY photo prop for CNY and I find that the tile (FA) fits the theme nicely. May I request you to send me the enlarged version for printing. Maybe 5 times larger (about the size of your hand)
    need it by tomorrow, 02 Feb

thanks a lot.

27. admin says:

Hi, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Yeah I am Swedish ;). If you’re still looking for the tiles with numbers I can dig them up.

28. Siew-Wei Ngiam says:

Hi,
    Would it be possible to get tiles (including flowers & seasons) with numbers on them for both 128 and 64 png versions?
    I am trying to write an App to help my friends learn the different possible hands. If it works, I will definitely link to your site!

thanks

29. Siew Wei says:

Hi,
    May I get the 128 & 64 versions of the numbered tiles from you please.
    Thanks

30. Rheba Innes says:

Hello this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

31. admin says: